UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Switching VCCINT off while VCCO presents

Jump to solution

Hello.

I have my own board with power monitor which checks under/overvoltages(OV). It can temporary switch power off on OV event. Is this safe to turn VCCINT off for 10-100 ms and then turn it on while VCCO active? I have read "Power-On/Off Power Supply Sequencing" in DS892 but not sure about my case.

Thank you.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Switching VCCINT off while VCCO presents

Jump to solution

Safe?

As in, does not harm the device or affect reliability?

Yes, perfectly safe.  Table 1, Absolute Maximum specifications details what is safe.  0 volts is safe.  Will loss of Vccint affect your system?  Well, yes, as it will cause the device to reconfigure when power comes back, and depending on the device family, the IO may glitch, transistion, and so on.  The device may also require more Iccint that if power is sequenced properly.

l.e.o.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Switching VCCINT off while VCCO presents

Jump to solution

Safe?

As in, does not harm the device or affect reliability?

Yes, perfectly safe.  Table 1, Absolute Maximum specifications details what is safe.  0 volts is safe.  Will loss of Vccint affect your system?  Well, yes, as it will cause the device to reconfigure when power comes back, and depending on the device family, the IO may glitch, transistion, and so on.  The device may also require more Iccint that if power is sequenced properly.

l.e.o.

0 Kudos