UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Sysmon write operation

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm using sysmon4 for measuring on board temperature. I have to write temperature threshold valve for control register 50h using DRP interface dynamically.

For writing into control register do i need to enable any sequence registers, configuration registers .

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sysmon write operation

Jump to solution

Hi u.karthik@mobiveil.co.in 

As i can see, you have filed SR for similar issue. My collegue @panantra is working on this and will get back to you shortly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
16 Replies

Jump to solution

No It is not required to alter the configuration register and Sequence register.

Can you please let us know if you are facing any issue with this?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi

@pthakare 

Currently I'm using sysmon4 primitive for monitoring temperature. I'm able to read the temperature status from status register 00h and I also trying to write into control register of sysmon primitive 50h. Where I have given some default value in the control register 50h and dynamically trying to overwrite the value of register 50h using DRP interface.

I'm not able to read or write in simulation. I'm using design.txt file for simulation purpose.

But when I validate on board I'm able to read the temperature on board and I'm not able to write threshold value into control register 50h for getting interrupt  if threshold crossed.

I attached the sysmon instantiation where i have configured the alaram using configuration register 41h and and also written default value into register 50h. 

Please let me know how to write the temperature value into control register 50h using DRP interface dynamically.

sysmon.PNG
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

As i can see, you have filed SR for similar issue. My collegue @panantra is working on this and will get back to you shortly.

0 Kudos
Visitor g.jyoti
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are not able to proceed on verification for last 10 days. Kindly get back with a solution.

Thanks

Jyoti

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @g.jyoti  and u.karthik@mobiveil.co.in 

We had discussion on this internally and Priyanka will get back to you soon.

0 Kudos
Visitor g.jyoti
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Priyanka

We got your reply, but we are not looking for di_drp write followed by do_drp.

We want to see values on do_drp as a aresult of reading from design.txt.

Please let us know where should we see the values that we have input in the design.txt file.

0 Kudos
Visitor g.jyoti
Visitor

Jump to solution
@pthakare and @panantre kindly take it as urgency. It has been quiet a long time.
0 Kudos
Visitor g.jyoti
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi

Any update on this? Our project deadlines are getting affected.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @g.jyoti 

Priyanka sent you the working example project through Ezmove.  Did you get a chance to look into that?   Please let us know if you have queries around the project.

0 Kudos
Visitor g.jyoti
Visitor

Jump to solution

Yes I replied to it. What Priyaka provided is values written di_drp getting reflected on do_drp when we disable dwe.

My concern is totally different, I am not able to read from SIM_MONITOR_FILE - design.txt. I do not see the temp values I have mentioned in design.txt reflected on TEMP_STATUS_O.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @g.jyoti 

Priyanka sent you the another project file  which is example design from UG580 where the design.txt includes the below analog stimulus 

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Visitor g.jyoti
Visitor

Jump to solution

Yes using the same file, but do not see any activity on TEMP_STATUS_O.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @g.jyoti :

Have you checked  the latest project which I have shared via Ezmove to Karthik on this email ID:Karthik S U Umesh V <u.karthik@mobiveil.co.in> ?

The design is modified with state machine which performs read operation and read the values from design.txt file.

Please refer the screenshot below.

sysmon.jpg

Can you confirm once if we are talking about the same project design.

Thanks,

Priyanka

0 Kudos
Visitor g.jyoti
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Priyanka

I am unable to open project_1.7z file in unix. Can you please help with the format and tool

thanks

Jyoti

0 Kudos
Visitor g.jyoti
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Priyanka

How o open the wdf file?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @g.jyoti :

I have shared zip file to karthik again via Ezmove.

To open project in Unix:

1. unzip <filename.zip>

2. source settings64.sh   to set environment.

3. run vivado -mode tcl    to run tcl console

4. open_project <project_name>.xpr

You can refer https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug835-vivado-tcl-commands.pdf as well.

Thanks,

Priyanka

0 Kudos