UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor mturley
Visitor

Thermal Information for XQZU19EG-1FFRC1760M

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm looking for more information on the part XQZU19EG-1FFRC1760M. I understand the first half (XQZU19EG) is the device name and then second half (FFRC1760) is the package name (and then the additional M at the end indicates military temperature grade).

Specifically for the XQZU19EG device:

1. What is the allowable storage range?

2. What is the maximum temperature the junction can see during operation without hindering its performance? I see that it gives a temperature grade of Tj= -55°C to +125°C for miltary grade. Can you confirm that the junction can operate at 125°C without hindering the device's performance? Is this different than the maximum temperature the device can survive at (i.e. at zero power) without being damaged?

3. What is the thermal resistance from the junction to bottom case (Theta JC_bottom) in °C/W?

4. Can this device be top-cooled? If so, what is the thermal resistance from junction to top case (Theta JC_top) in °C/W)?

Specifically for the 1FFRC1760 package:

5. Can you please provide a drawing (I need to know part dimensions and solder bump size/configuration)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Thermal Information for XQZU19EG-1FFRC1760M

Jump to solution

@mturley  

Take a look at UG112 v3.7

2. What is the maximum temperature the junction can see during operation without hindering its performance? I see that it gives a temperature grade of Tj= -55°C to +125°C for miltary grade. Can you confirm that the junction can operate at 125°C without hindering the device's performance? Is this different than the maximum temperature the device can survive at (i.e. at zero power) without being damaged?

Yes. For M grade Tj can operate at 125C Max without hindering the performance. When you say max Temperature device can survive at zero power, you mean the device sitting in conditions below -55C or above 125C? If so, the device needs to be brought within Operating range of Tj before you get the design functionality working. 

3. What is the thermal resistance from the junction to bottom case (Theta JC_bottom) in °C/W?

4. Can this device be top-cooled? If so, what is the thermal resistance from junction to top case (Theta JC_top) in °C/W)?

Please download the Thermal Models from here to design your thermal solution

5. Can you please provide a drawing (I need to know part dimensions and solder bump size/configuration)?

This is yet to be released in UG1075. Can you check with your FAE who can open an SR for you to get the drawing. In case you just need the dimensions and solder bump size, then you can use the FFCV1760 drawing in Page#177 of UG1075 v1.7. FFRC1760 is similar to this except for lid being ruggedized (A, A1, A2 dimensions are same)  and solder balls being Sn/Pb

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Thermal Information for XQZU19EG-1FFRC1760M

Jump to solution

@mturley  

Take a look at UG112 v3.7

Yes. For M grade Tj can operate at 125C Max without hindering the performance. When you say max Temperature device can survive at zero power, you mean the device sitting in conditions below -55C or above 125C? If so, the device needs to be brought within Operating range of Tj before you get the design functionality working. 

Please download the Thermal Models from here to design your thermal solution

This is yet to be released in UG1075. Can you check with your FAE who can open an SR for you to get the drawing. In case you just need the dimensions and solder bump size, then you can use the FFCV1760 drawing in Page#177 of UG1075 v1.7. FFRC1760 is similar to this except for lid being ruggedized (A, A1, A2 dimensions are same)  and solder balls being Sn/Pb

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos