UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jangbiemee
Visitor

UART interface of VCU110

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to transfer data from my laptop to the VCU110 evaluation board through an UART interface. 

The VCU110 evaluation board contains a dual USB-to-UART bridge device. To be specific, UART1 and UART2 interfaces are connected to the XCVU190 U1 FPGA and XC7Z010 U111 Zynq SoC system controller, respectively. The user guide says that the VCP driver assigns the lower PC COM port number to the UART2 interface and the higher PC COM port number to the UART1 interface.

It seems that ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1 ports are used for the UART2 and UART1 interfaces in my laptop(Ubuntu 16.04), respectively. I can see the system controller menu screen through the ttyUSB0 port. However, it seems that the FPGA does not receive data through the UART1 interface even though I send the data from the laptop. Now, I'm using the Gtkterm serial port emulator and Xilinx UART IP (AXI UART Lite v2.0) for the UART interface, and the "AT20" pin of the FPGA is connected to the UART RX signal.

Is it correct that the ttyUSB1 port is used for data transfer? Is there anything I need to correct? Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor jangbiemee
Visitor

Re: UART interface of VCU110

Jump to solution

I’ve just solved this problem. The ttyUSB1 port was correct but the pin, “AT20 (USB_UART_RX)”, connected to the UART RX signal was incorrect. As UART net names are based on the dual USB-to-UART bridge chip (CP2105GM), the “AR20 (USB_UART_TX)” pin should be connected to the RX signal of the Xilinx UART IP.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Visitor jangbiemee
Visitor

Re: UART interface of VCU110

Jump to solution

I’ve just solved this problem. The ttyUSB1 port was correct but the pin, “AT20 (USB_UART_RX)”, connected to the UART RX signal was incorrect. As UART net names are based on the dual USB-to-UART bridge chip (CP2105GM), the “AR20 (USB_UART_TX)” pin should be connected to the RX signal of the Xilinx UART IP.

0 Kudos