UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Ultrascale XCVU440 porting from Zynq to Ultrascale GTXE2_COMMON , GTXE2_CHANNEL , IBUFDS_GTE2 not found

Jump to solution

Ultrascale XCVU440 : porting from Zynq to Ultrascale GTXE2_COMMON , GTXE2_CHANNEL , IBUFDS_GTE2 not found

Hi,

I am porting a Zynq PHY design of a PCIe Pipe to an Ultrascale device XCVU440.

PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT USING STANDARD XILINX PCIE IP AS I validating a 3rd party IP for ASIC validation. I do not want to use standard Xilinx PCIe block.

I want to substitute the Series 7 GTX basic Serdes block for an equivalent UltraScale block.

I have read UG949, which refers to gtxe2 on page 137. However if I try and synth my design on a XCVU440 I get teh following error messages.....

[Netlist 29-180] Cell 'GTXE2_COMMON' is not a supported primitive for virtexu part: xcvu440-flga2892-2-i. Instance 'U1/i_wrap/i_dwc_pcie_subsystem/u_pcie_phy_wrapper/u_Xilinx_phy/pcie_gt/pipe_wrapper_i/pipe_lane[0].pipe_quad.pipe_common.qpll_wrapper_i/gtx_common.gtxe2_common_i' will be treated as a black box, not an architecture primitive ["/blu/dm/FPGA/IP_pcie/XCVU440_RTL/dev/pcie/pcie.srcs/sources_1/imports/hacked_files/pcie_gt_top_ImA.v":14267]

[Netlist 29-180] Cell 'GTXE2_CHANNEL' is not a supported primitive for virtexu part: xcvu440-flga2892-2-i. 2 instances of this cell will be treated as black boxes, not architecture primitives ["/blu/dm/FPGA/IP_pcie/XCVU440_RTL/dev/pcie/pcie.srcs/sources_1/imports/hacked_files/pcie_gt_top_ImA.v":4680]

[Netlist 29-180] Cell 'IBUFDS_GTE2' is not a supported primitive for virtexu part: xcvu440-flga2892-2-i.  Instance 'U1/i_wrap/i_dwc_pcie_subsystem/u_pcie_phy_wrapper/clk_differ' will be treated as a black box, not an architecture primitive ["/blu/dm/FPGA/IP_pcie/XCVU440_RTL/dev/pcie/pcie.srcs/sources_1/imports/hacked_files/phy_custom_ImA.v":200]

How do I replace the GTXE2 modules. where is the documentation that shows how to move from 7 series devices to Ultrascale devices? which modules are equivalent to 7-series GTXE_COMMON and GTXE2_CHANNEL etc.

Thanks

Simon

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Ultrascale XCVU440 porting from Zynq to Ultrascale GTXE2_COMMON , GTXE2_CHANNEL , IBUFDS_GTE2 not found

Jump to solution

Hello @simonh_bwt,

Please check the section 'Advanced 7 Series Component Retargeting' on page #20 from below UG to get answer for your query -

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/ug1026-ultrascale-migration-guide.pdf

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Ultrascale XCVU440 porting from Zynq to Ultrascale GTXE2_COMMON , GTXE2_CHANNEL , IBUFDS_GTE2 not found

Jump to solution

Hello @simonh_bwt,

Please check the section 'Advanced 7 Series Component Retargeting' on page #20 from below UG to get answer for your query -

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/ug1026-ultrascale-migration-guide.pdf

Regards,
Ashish
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Note if trying to use an PCIe PIPE IP from the IP catalog on a n XCVU440 device, you have to use a, rather than b grade device or Vivado refuses to create IP!!

0 Kudos