UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer nicolas05
Observer

Use of DAC Tiles in ZCU111 Dev Board

Hello,

I want to generate a simple analog square wave using the ZCU111 Dev Board. 

How can I send a value to the DAC's in the XM500 daughter board? I can not find the net ports that correspond to the DAC Tiles in the constraints file. In the documentation regarding use of DAC's, only a GUI is used and explained, which I still don't understand if that is actually the way I should do this (it works with only 3 examples that generate sin waves, not square waves).  

I attach the code of a non analog pulse train generator I made. My goal is to use the same code, adapting the output to one of the DAC's tiles. My level of understanding is beginner. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Use of DAC Tiles in ZCU111 Dev Board

@nicolas05 wrote:

My level of understanding is beginner. 

Thank you!

It is a complex chip for a beginner, and will require a lot of digging through TRDs, XDCs, and possibly schematics to do what your are asking. 

Is this for a school project? 

DocNav is your friend.  Open it up and dig in.

Mike
0 Kudos
Observer nicolas05
Observer

Re: Use of DAC Tiles in ZCU111 Dev Board

Hi @maps-mpls ,

Doing some more research on the GUI, it looks like it is possible to generate a wave "From File", option that I am still trying to make sure it actually works for, say, a square wave.

As you have said, programming over the AXI buses seems hard but I want to learn it. 

0 Kudos