UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor richnsim
Visitor

Wrong value when monitoring HD Bank VCCO voltage with SYSMONE4 on UltraScale+ MPSoC

Dear community

I'm trying to use the System Management Wizard on a Zync Ultrascale+ MPSoC to monitor the VCCO supply of HD-Bank 48 via VUSER channel, but whatever voltage I connect to the VCCO_48 pins (1.8V / 2.5V / 3.3V), I always get the same unrealistic value of 3.58V!

For VCCINT and VCCAUX of Bank 48, the measurements are correct. The measurements are also corrct for VCCO (1.8V) on HP Banks 64/65/66.

I tried the same for Bank 47 with the same result, except, the measured VCCO voltage is different - but still totally wrong (0.98V instead of 3.3V)!

Some System information:

Plattform: Vivado 2018.1
Device: Zync Ultrascale+ MPSoC (XCZU6EG-FFVC900-1-I)
System Management Wizard: V1.3

SYSMON Details:

Mode: Continuous Channel sequencing
Conversion Rate: 200 KSPS
Channel Averaging: 16
VUSER-Channel: same result on channel 0-3
Register-Readout: APU via AXI-Interface

Is there a known issue for measuring VCCO of HD banks with SYSMONE4, or do you have any suggestions, what could be wrong?

Best Regards

Simon

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Wrong value when monitoring HD Bank VCCO voltage with SYSMONE4 on UltraScale+ MPSoC

Hi @richnsim

There were few similar issues reported by customers on incorrect reading when using Vuser channel to monitor the bank supplies previously and we fixed all of them . This might also be fixed in latest version of VIVADO  (2018.2).

Can you please once check in VIVADO 2018.2 and let us know our observations?

Meanwhile I I will check internally to confirm if we have fixed the exact same issue in VIVADO 2018.2 and try checking

on ZCU102 or ZCU104 evaluation platforms which have ZU9EG and ZU7EV devices respectively.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor richnsim
Visitor

Re: Wrong value when monitoring HD Bank VCCO voltage with SYSMONE4 on UltraScale+ MPSoC

Dear @pthakare

I just upgraded to Vivado HLx 2018.2.2 and still have the same behavior:

VCCO on banks 47/48 still reads 3.58V no matter what voltage (1.8V/2.5V/3.3V) I connect to their VCCO pins.

Best Regards
Simon 

0 Kudos

Hi @richnsim

Thanks for trying in latest version of the VIVADO

We are clear with  some of the system management wizard setting and I will try this at my end with the provide information.

Additionally it will be helpful if you share the .xci file or snippets for on chip sensor selection, on chip sensor user supply and external channel selection 

settings with us . I would recommend to share the .xci file.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply if you have any queries, Give Kudos and accept as solution

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Visitor richnsim
Visitor

Hi @pthakare

Thanks for taking your time to analyze my problem. In the attachment you can find the requested xci file.

0 Kudos