UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

rfsoc zcu111 capture

With the demo design that comes with ZCU111 and the RF analyzer, can I simply take a capture of signal on the ADCs?  

My understanding is that the demo loads predetermined signal into memory, and then sends it out to DAC and loop back to ADC, and compare.  But, I don't want loopback, and just want to capture a signal I control, and the read the captured signal out to do our own analysis.  Is that possible without altering the demo design and with the GUI tools as is?  

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: rfsoc zcu111 capture

Loopback from DAC to ADC is the most lightweight way to use the ZCU111 evaluation GUI, since there is no overhead in terms of lab equipment. 

However, it is not mandatory. If you wish you can send your own data into the ADC and capture it. 

Set up the ADC for your signal, use the XM50x card that comes with the kit to connect to your Source (either via the Balun or the differential SMA headers) and then capture the signal in the GUI. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: rfsoc zcu111 capture

Thank you.  We are still awaiting our kit, so just planning ahead.

We will probably do both; demo as it's meant to be used, and demo just to capture data so we can compare against our current product line which uses other ADCs.  I just wanted to be sure that the GUI and design were capable as is of running not in loop back.

Since our product won't require the DACs I actually started whittling the DAC related stuff out of the demo design but then ran into the question of how I'd get the data out of there if I just let it accumulate in the FIFOs.  Then I realized maybe it was totally unnecessary if the demo already handles it.

Are there plans to make any other IP to facilitate collection and and export of data from the RF Data converter?  (or is it up to the customer to figure out how to gut the demo design and C files to integrate with their designs).  Ultimately, we want a way to capture into BRAM or DDR for further processing in HW or SW.

0 Kudos