Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Сlock pattern when using TX_BITSLICE

Jump to solution

Hello

XAPP 1274, page 13: " A transmitter, TX_BITSLICE, can be used as a clock generator when the TX_BITSLICE.D[7:0] inputs
are tied to a regular pattern. The pattern
01010101 generates a clock of 625 MHz when the applied PLL_CLK is 1250 MHz. This setup generates perfectly synchronized clock/data interfaces. With the TX_BITSLICE attribute OUTPUT_PHASE_90, it is possible to automatically generate a clock that is phase shifted to the accompanying data by 90° or a quarter of its period.

TIP: The correct clock pattern 01010101 (not 10101010) [!?] must be applied to avoid any unnecessary bitslips on the receiver side."

I don't understand this TIP. Can someone explain to me why 10101010 is incorrect pattern?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

hi @taganrog,

At the RX the stream of 01 will give a rising edge for the data to be captured on, 10 will give a falling edge. I suppose it would depend on how RX device behaves if you can tell it to start the word on a falling edge.

Sandy 

Thanks,
Sandy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

hi @taganrog,

At the RX the stream of 01 will give a rising edge for the data to be captured on, 10 will give a falling edge. I suppose it would depend on how RX device behaves if you can tell it to start the word on a falling edge.

Sandy 

Thanks,
Sandy

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post