UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

BITSLICE_CONTROL instance error for ultrascale+ VU9P

ERROR: [DRC 23-20] Rule violation (PDRC-198) Serial_mode_bitslice_0_connected - SERIAL Mode : The SERIAL mode nibble at BITSLICE_CONTROL instance gmac_wrapper/core_wrapper_i/inst/pcs_pma_block_i/gen_io_logic/BaseX_Byte_I_Rx_Nibble/Gen_1.Nibble_I_BitsliceCntrl must have an RX_BITSLICE or RXTX_BITSLICE connected to bitslice position 0 with attribute DATA_TYPE set to 'SERIAL', see Select IO Userguide UG571 for more information.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: BITSLICE_CONTROL instance error for ultrascale+ VU9P

I am having the same issue, any update on this?

Reza

0 Kudos

That will go away is you chose DIFF PAIR 1.

Reza 

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I get similar error. How did you resolve this issue? What is the reason for that? Thanks!

[Place 30-689] Failed to place BITSLICE_CONTROL cell TargetBoard_BIST_i/axi_ethernet_0/inst/pcs_pma/inst/pcs_pma_block_i/gen_io_logic/BaseX_Byte_I_Tx_Nibble/Gen_1.Nibble_I_BitsliceCntrl on site BITSLICE_CONTROL_X1Y50 because Instance TargetBoard_BIST_i/axi_ethernet_0/inst/pcs_pma/inst/pcs_pma_block_i/gen_io_logic/BaseX_Byte_I_Tx_Nibble/Gen_1.Nibble_I_BitsliceCntrl can not be placed in CONTROL of site BITSLICE_CONTROL_X1Y50 because the bel is occupied by TargetBoard_BIST_i/axi_ethernet_0/inst/pcs_pma/inst/pcs_pma_block_i/gen_io_logic/BaseX_Byte_I_Rx_Nibble/Gen_1.Nibble_I_BitsliceCntrl(port:). This could be caused by bel constraint conflict. Please check if the cell is used correctly in the design.

0 Kudos

Hi @astrome 

Are you modifying any location constraints default in the IP?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Dear @pthakare 

I  haven't medled with the IP.  I have used the same/usual constraints.

0 Kudos