cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
npalmer
Visitor
Visitor

Can I access the PS QSPI Pins from the PL?

Jump to solution

This might be a stupid question, but is it possible to access a QSPI device that is connected to the Zynq UltraScale+ PS QSPI pins directly from the PL?  I am working on a test design and have only a MicroBlaze (no instance of the Zynq in the Vivado design) and I would like to access the QSPI FLASH from the MicroBlaze.  Is this possible? Vivado will not let me connect an AXI Quad SPI IP to the pins. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
muzaffer
Teacher
Teacher
Here is an example for talking to uart from microblaze:http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/50869.html

Alas it's for zynq soc but the basic idea should apply.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
muzaffer
Teacher
Teacher

@npalmer No alas PL can't access to PS pins so you can't have a PL IP use MIO pins. Luckily you can control the PS controllers from PL so make a small PL axi master to talk to the qspi controller in PS.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
0 Kudos
npalmer
Visitor
Visitor

@muzaffer Can you point me to an example design that does something similar?  I am using the zcu102 development board.

I assume that I have to drop a Zynq IP Block in the Vivado design and configure the QSPI controller there, then connect the MicroBlaze to the Zynq IP over the AXI master you mentioned?

0 Kudos
muzaffer
Teacher
Teacher
Here is an example for talking to uart from microblaze:http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/50869.html

Alas it's for zynq soc but the basic idea should apply.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos