Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepakb
Contributor
Contributor

Cascading OSEDESE3

Jump to solution

Hello,

I need to have a logic to convert the more than 8 bits parallel data (say 12 bit or 14 bit) to single bit output using OSERDESE3 as I am using Zynq ultrascale plus device. In case of Zynq and 7 series device this was done by using the cascading option which was available through SHIFTOUT and SHIFTIN pins of OSERDESE2.

However these options are not available in OSERDESE3. So I would like to understand how this logic can be implemented. Please let me know if any documents or application notes are available for same.

Thank you in Advance.

DPK

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pthakare

Hi @deepakb 

This is already answered via SR to Deepak.

Higher serialization factor i.e  10:1 or 12:1 cannot be implemented directly  by OSERDESE3 as cascading functionality is not supported.

We don’t have readily available application note either ,

10:8 and 12:8  gearbox FIFO you have to implemented  similar  to 7:4  in XAPP1315  with 8:1 serialization by OSERDESE3 for 10:1/12:1 serialization,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
pthakare

Hi @deepakb 

This is already answered via SR to Deepak.

Higher serialization factor i.e  10:1 or 12:1 cannot be implemented directly  by OSERDESE3 as cascading functionality is not supported.

We don’t have readily available application note either ,

10:8 and 12:8  gearbox FIFO you have to implemented  similar  to 7:4  in XAPP1315  with 8:1 serialization by OSERDESE3 for 10:1/12:1 serialization,

Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution

View solution in original post

0 Kudos