Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonlindberg
Visitor
Visitor

DC coupling mode ADC on ZCU111

Jump to solution

I want to DC-couple the outputs from the ADC:s on the Zync UltraScale+ RFSoC ZCU111. For this I need the common voltage output (VCM) from the ADC which I have extracted from the plug-in board. However, I don't get the 1.2 V output which I expect. In ug583 it is stated that "The VCM output buffer is only enabled in DC coupled mode.", but I have not been able to figure out how to change from AC coupled mode to DC coupled mode. The only thing I have found is how to read out the current state using the XRFdc_GetLinkCoupling function. Does anyone know how to configure the ADC to work in DC coupled mode?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pthakare

@simonlindberg 

There is no API to set the link coupling.  You need to set it in RF data converter IP

Capture.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pthakare

@simonlindberg 

There is no API to set the link coupling.  You need to set it in RF data converter IP

Capture.PNG

Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
klumsde

Hi @simonlindberg 

You'll have to set this in the IP I think. 

I don't think it makes sense to be able to switch between AC and DC coupled mode on the fly. Hence there is only a "Getter" for the Link Coupling mode in the driver API. 

To enable the VCM output you need to set the link coupling to DC in the IP. link_coupling.JPG

Also take note of the PCB Design Guidelines hererfadc_dccoupling.JPG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
simonlindberg
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you for the help.

0 Kudos