Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

DRC 23-20 - IDELAYE3_cascade_crosses_byte_boundary

Jump to solution

[DRC 23-20] Rule violation (PDCN-2708) IDELAYE3_cascade_crosses_byte_boundary - IDELAYE3 system_timer_1/u_system_timer_strobe_align/u_idelay/u_idelay_master participates in a delay cascade with IDELAYE3 system_timer_1/u_system_timer_strobe_align/u_idelay/u_idelay_slave_middle that crosses an IO Bitslice byte or bank boundary and cannot be routed properly.

I'm trying to use a cascade of 3 IDELAYE3 devices, and they're setup like in UG571 page 174 Figure 2-18 (Rev June 12, 2018), but even if I move the pin around I am getting this implementation error.

I am looking at the pin map of our device located at:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/packagefiles/usapackages/xcku115flvf1924pkg.txt

Below is the relevant cascade from the synthesis view; it looks correct to me, but maybe I'm too "close" to it.

CASCADE_XILINX_FORUM.PNG 

Thanks for taking a look!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: DRC 23-20 - IDELAYE3_cascade_crosses_byte_boundary

Jump to solution

Hi .@.@.v.@.@.

In your implementation you have cascaded  IDELAYE3-IDELAYE3-IDELAYE3  in the chain . It should be IDELAYE3 -ODELAYE3-IDELAYE3.

Capture.PNG

other point to consider here

The delay elements can be cascaded up to the byte boundary in a downward direction, So make sure that you have at least one unused IOB below the IOB used for receiving Sync_strobe_in  input in the byte.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply if you have any queries, Give Kudos and Accepts as Solution

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi .@.@.v.@.@.

In your implementation you have cascaded  IDELAYE3-IDELAYE3-IDELAYE3  in the chain . It should be IDELAYE3 -ODELAYE3-IDELAYE3.

Capture.PNG

other point to consider here

The delay elements can be cascaded up to the byte boundary in a downward direction, So make sure that you have at least one unused IOB below the IOB used for receiving Sync_strobe_in  input in the byte.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply if you have any queries, Give Kudos and Accepts as Solution

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

You are 100% correct, thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Hello,

I got same error message (ODELAYE3_cascade_crosses_byte_boundary)  and I do have cascaded  IDELAYE3-IDELAYE3-IDELAYE3  in the chain.  

The detailed error message is 

[DRC PDCN-2709] ODELAYE3_cascade_crosses_byte_boundary: ODELAYE3 JetCam_Test/Gen_Top_RX[3].GP5301_RX_Shift_Register/ODELAYE3_inst2 participates in a delay cascade with IDELAYE3 JetCam_Test/Gen_Top_RX[3].GP5301_RX_Shift_Register/IDELAYE3_inst3 that crosses an IO Bitslice byte or bank boundary and cannot be routed properly.

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @chenj15 

Can you please create an new thread ?  The older one is already answered and your issue seems to be little different

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks for replay,

How to create a new thread? I never did one before.

Jim

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @chenj15 

Follow the below steps

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos