UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor goutham.p
Visitor

FPGA Manager driver with petalinux 2016.3 : error in writing data to firmware

Jump to solution

Hi,

I want to program my PL from PS in mu Ultrazed board that has Zynq Ultrascale+. 

I have enabled FPGA manager in kernel configuration  and made available FPGA manager driver in my kernel ( using petalinux 2016.3). When I initially tried writing .bin file of bitstream to firmware, it said " write error: invalid argument" . Can someone shed some light on this error? 

I have referred to other forums and AR like https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/68246.html and did those tweeks. Still getting this error called "invalid argument"  error when I echo the binary format of bitfile to /sys/class/fpga_manager/fpga0/firmware. 

$mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /media
$ mkdir /lib/firmware $cp /media/bitstream.bin /lib/firmware/ $echo bitstream.bin > /sys/class/fpga_manager/fpga0/firmware

right after echoing bitstream.bin, I am getting 

[ 1625.057033] fpga_manager fpga0: writing bitstream.bin to Xilinx ZynqMp FPGA Manager
[ 1625.079420] fpga_manager fpga0: Error while writing image data to FPGA
-sh: echo: write error: Invalid argument

Can someone help me out here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: FPGA Manager driver with petalinux 2016.3 : error in writing data to firmware

Jump to solution

Hi @pratham , Thanks for the reference to that link. Finally got the FPGA manager driver work with Petalinux 2016.3. I had to update the PMUFW.elf to version 0.2 (2016.4 sdk gives 0.2 version) and include that in BOOT.BIN to get it to work. Also I had to apply the patches to FSBL and U-Boot sources as mentioned in avnet github, to make the booting flawless in Ultrazed.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: FPGA Manager driver with petalinux 2016.3 : error in writing data to firmware

Jump to solution

@goutham.p

Check if this can be of any help?
http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/FPGA+Manager+ZCU102

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi @pratham , Thanks for the reference to that link. Finally got the FPGA manager driver work with Petalinux 2016.3. I had to update the PMUFW.elf to version 0.2 (2016.4 sdk gives 0.2 version) and include that in BOOT.BIN to get it to work. Also I had to apply the patches to FSBL and U-Boot sources as mentioned in avnet github, to make the booting flawless in Ultrazed.

0 Kudos