Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkleman
Observer
Observer

IDCODE XcKU060 doesn't match Ultrascale conf document

Jump to solution

I read the IDCODE through the JTAG pins and get 0x09C8C849.  The configuration document says it should be 0xX3919093.   I don't see how I'm off by a bit or reading it backward.   Which is correct?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tkleman
Observer
Observer

Never mind, I was off by one read cycle.   I read the first output pulse as a single 1 when it was two.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tenzinc

Are you reading out the IDCODE correctly? It looks like your bits you read seems shifted but there are parts of it which look right.  However, I ask mainly because as Configuration User Guide states:

The least significant bit of the IDCODE register is always 1 (based on JTAG IEEE 1149.1). The
last three hex digits appear as 0x093 (see Table 1-5, page 20).

Your reading of "0x09C8C849" does not comply with this. Either you are reading it wrong or you have a non-Xilinx part. Most likely it's the former. What does the IDCODE read in Vivado Hardware Manager when hooked up to your board? Should match with what the guide says. 

Regards,

T

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Get started FAST with our UltraFAST design methodoly guides and don't forget to visit our Xilinx Design Hubs for additional resources and reference.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
tkleman
Observer
Observer

Never mind, I was off by one read cycle.   I read the first output pulse as a single 1 when it was two.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos