Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fpgadesigns
Observer
Observer

IP core to classify RF signal between WiFi router and Commercial drones

Dear All,

I want to purchase IP core to classify RF signal emitting from WiFi router and Commercial drones . 

BR

0 Kudos
5 Replies
klumsde

Hi @fpgadesigns 

You'll need to be more specific here. 

You'll have to build a receiver and demodulate the signals but it's not a trivial task, unless you have prior knowledge of the signal it's hard to really know what the system should consist of. 

Keith 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
billhunter
Adventurer
Adventurer

Don't most commercial drones now use an wireless IP infrastructure? I am thinking specifically of the DJI line and other similar units. To distinguish you first have to break any encryption on the wifi link, then get the mac addresses of the packets, then look up the owners of the mac addresses. Not like the old days when the drones used PCM signals on a separate frequency.

0 Kudos
fpgadesigns
Observer
Observer

Let me explain the requirement again. We developed RSSI based detector system that should be trigger once there is a commercial drone in the vicinity . but the system triggers now if there is a commercial wi-fi router in the vicinity. My requirement is it possible that using logic so the system avoid the signal emitting from the Wi-Fi router.

0 Kudos
billhunter
Adventurer
Adventurer

So you built a WiFi detector, called it a drone detector, and need to get rid of false positives from nearby non-drone WiFi?

Are you actually using a WiFi chipset and antenna to get the RSSI?

0 Kudos
fpgadesigns
Observer
Observer

We built a drone detector using available commercial off-the-shelf SDR.but this detector also detect Wi-Fi signals . I want that this detector avoid to detect wifi signals.

BR

0 Kudos