cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ptaddoni
Contributor
Contributor

Kintex Ultrascale GTH RX Loss-Of-Sync State machine?

Jump to solution

I can not find support for a Kintex Ultrascale GTH RX Loss-Of-Sync State machine in the User Guide or Transceiver Wizard.

I am upgrading an existing Virtex-6 GTH design, and that family supported it, and I need to replace what was already there.

I was hoping to find some code in the Example Design, gtwizard_ultrascale_0_example, but there is none, it just does PRBS checking.

I wish Xilinx would provide a proven RX Loss-Of-Sync State machine for Kintex Ultrascale GTH.

tool version:

Vivado 2015.4
Transceiver Wizard 1.6 ver.1

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ptaddoni
Contributor
Contributor

Just to close the loop on this, I did find the "leaky bucket" code in the GTY Transceiver generated Example design. That shows a method for a simpler state machine than the old Ethernet "Loss of Sync state machine", but it works just as well. I am using it to detect link down and to instigate automatic re-start of the transceiver, following signal loss.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
venkata
I do not find Virtex-6 gth has loss of sync support. Are you referring to virtex-6 gtx?

The main function of loss of sync is to identify data errors. This can be implemented in fabric using the other status/data signals from GT.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
ptaddoni
Contributor
Contributor

Correct I am referring to Virtex-6 GTX. Which provided the loss of sync logic and was quite convenient, now not so convenient, yes I can create my own design from existing signals.  This seems to be absolutely necessary by the way to make use of the example design intialization module provided  (gtwizard_ultrascale_0_example_init.v).   

0 Kudos
ptaddoni
Contributor
Contributor

Just to close the loop on this, I did find the "leaky bucket" code in the GTY Transceiver generated Example design. That shows a method for a simpler state machine than the old Ethernet "Loss of Sync state machine", but it works just as well. I am using it to detect link down and to instigate automatic re-start of the transceiver, following signal loss.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos