UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant shantan1
Participant

Need to know differences between ULTRASCALE and ULTRASCALE_PLUS

Hi:
I am using ISERDESE3 of "ULTRASCALE" for one of the IPs. However, when I change the "SIM_DEVICE" attribute to "ULTRASCALE_PLUS", the ISERDESE3 operation changes, failing my IP's operation.

Can someone point me to the changes that occur in ISERDESE3 when migrating from ULTRASCALE to ULTRASCALE_PLUS?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Teacher xilinxacct
Teacher

Re: Need to know differences between ULTRASCALE and ULTRASCALE_PLUS

@shantan1

This may help to point out all the differences... https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds890-ultrascale-overview.pdf

Also, depending on your chip... https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug1213-zynq-migration-guide.pdf

But, I think the core difference is the manufacturing process was shrunk... 20 down to 16nm, which of course reflect better in power and performance.

Hope that helps

If so, please mark as solution accepted. Kudos also welcomed. :-)

0 Kudos
Teacher xilinxacct
Teacher

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant shantan1
Participant

Hi @xilinxacct:

Thank you for sharing the links. I appreciate your time and efforts. However, unfortunately, none of the guides that you mentioned has the changes made in ISERDESE library component. From my empirical results, I can figure out that Ultrascale+ ISERDESE has more latency than Ultrascale. It is surprising to know that latency has increased, and even more surprising that Xilinx has not documented it anywhere.