Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chenji.tu
Observer
Observer

Need tutorial for Zynq UltraScale+ in Vivado 2015.4

Jump to solution

Dear community,

I am looking for a tutorial similar to UG940, but for Zynq UltraScale+ ZU2EG.

I need to connect the ARM to PL and drive the logics in FPGA from ARM. But I have no idea how to start. There are some tutorial for Zynq 7, but the chip for our project is Zynq UltraScale, and I can't find a tutorial for it.

Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
austin
Scholar
Scholar

c,

As the Zynq MPSoC is so new, and we are updating documents right now, contact your local Xilinx distributor, or Xilinx FAE for help.  They have materials in advance of the finished documents to help you and will advise you of when new documents are scheduled for delivery (there is a schedule).

Generally speaking design in MPSoC Zynq with Vivado is similar to 7000 series Zynq, but the MPSoC is more complex, and there are new choices to make.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
austin
Scholar
Scholar

c,

As the Zynq MPSoC is so new, and we are updating documents right now, contact your local Xilinx distributor, or Xilinx FAE for help.  They have materials in advance of the finished documents to help you and will advise you of when new documents are scheduled for delivery (there is a schedule).

Generally speaking design in MPSoC Zynq with Vivado is similar to 7000 series Zynq, but the MPSoC is more complex, and there are new choices to make.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
trenz-al
Scholar
Scholar

ZU2EG will not be available in 2016, so if that is your interest you have plenty of time.

right now you can work with ZU9EG if you have early access license.

0 Kudos
chenji.tu
Observer
Observer

Hello @trenz-al

I already have early access license. Right now I have to determine the IO pin assignment for other PCB design team, so they can start the PCB design for ZU2EG.

I have a list of IOs, created an IO planning project and migrated to RTL project in Vivado 2015.4.1. But I have no idea from there. How can I connect clock and reset from ARM to the user logic in PL? Please advice.

0 Kudos
trenz-al
Scholar
Scholar

zu2eg pinouts are fixed that is no problem, you can start design now

0 Kudos