Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

Noise like spur at ZCU111 ADC

Jump to solution

Hello.

I'm using ADC at following setting.

•  Fs = 3932.16MHz(Internal PLL is bypassed)
  • Decimation=8x
  • Mixer Freq. = 491.52MHz

Check ADC spectrum not receiving signal via RF Analyzer, ADC appears to receives noise(up to about -90dBm) at 0 MHz as picture.

ADC.png

I have 2 questions about this.

1.  Who knows the cause of this noise?
  2.  Is there a workaround?

Best regards.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Noise like spur at ZCU111 ADC

Jump to solution

Hi @kikd180 

It seems you are only capturing noise , Try to give the valid single tone/dual tone or Modulated signal and observed the spectrum.

With the noise only , ADC Callibration is not converging and Spurs are expected.  Please refer to ADC calibration mechanism section  in our IP  product guide for more 

detailing.  page 53

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/usp_rf_data_converter/v2_2/pg269-rf-data-converter.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @kikd180 

It seems you are only capturing noise , Try to give the valid single tone/dual tone or Modulated signal and observed the spectrum.

With the noise only , ADC Callibration is not converging and Spurs are expected.  Please refer to ADC calibration mechanism section  in our IP  product guide for more 

detailing.  page 53

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/usp_rf_data_converter/v2_2/pg269-rf-data-converter.pdf

Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Hello @pthakare 

Thank you for reply.

I tried give modulated signal.
And after a few seconds, I changed calibration state to "Freeze".

Noise was reduced than ADC receive no signal.

calib_frozen.png

Best regards.

0 Kudos