cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninjanymo
Contributor
Contributor

PCB with no DDR. What to do with the different DDR pins?

Jump to solution

UG933 explains that VCCO_DDR should be tied to VCC_PAUX, while PS_DDR_VREF0/1 and PS_DDR_VRN/P should be left floating, which is fine.

Further, UG933 describes what to do with unused I/O pins in Table 5-5:

t_5_5.PNG

However, it seems as if Table 5-5 describes what to do with unused DDR I/O if some of them are used. In my use-case, none of them are used and that get's me confused when there are different guidelines for no-ECC and ECC.

So just to make sure:

Can I leave all DDR pins floating while enabling internal pull-ups on the pins described as I/O by Table 5-4 in UF933?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gnarahar

@ninjanymo 

Can I leave all DDR pins floating 

Yes, if you are not using the PS DDR, leave the pins unconnected except for VCCO_DDR which is tied to VCCPAUX as mentioned in UG933 v1.13

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

8 Replies
gnarahar

@ninjanymo 

Can I leave all DDR pins floating 

Yes, if you are not using the PS DDR, leave the pins unconnected except for VCCO_DDR which is tied to VCCPAUX as mentioned in UG933 v1.13

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

ninjanymo
Contributor
Contributor
Great, thanks.
0 Kudos
ninjanymo
Contributor
Contributor

I realized that I asked this in the wrong board (UltraScale architecture).

I am working with the Zynq-7000. Is it safe to assume that your answer still stands for that architecture?

0 Kudos
gnarahar

@ninjanymo Yes, it still stands since the discussion was around UG933 which is the PCB design guide for Zynq-7000 device :) 

- Giri
0 Kudos
rlindner3
Visitor
Visitor

My application is an Ultrascale, specifically an XCZU3EG-SFVC784 and will not be using any DDR.

But VCCO_PSDDR is constrained to 1.5V where VCCAUX or VCC_PSAUX are 1.8V.

I am guessing these would not want to be connected. 

So, I need to know what to do with VCCO_PSDDR, VCC_PSDDR_PLL and VCC_PSINTFP_DDR to use the least possible quiescent power.

Thanks - Robert L

0 Kudos
gnarahar

@rlindner3  This is an already closed thread and generally it is good to post your query in a new thread to gain traction and not get missed in the community. 

So, I need to know what to do with VCCO_PSDDR, VCC_PSDDR_PLL and VCC_PSINTFP_DDR to use the least possible quiescent power.

You can tie these pins to GND if DDR is not used. Please use XTP427 Schematic checklist and UG583 during your schematic and PCB design 

- Giri
0 Kudos
rlindner3
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks.

FMI - How can I tell whether a thread is closed.

0 Kudos
gnarahar

@rlindner3 

FMI - How can I tell whether a thread is closed.

If the thread has an Accepted Solution. New posts made on these threads tend to get missed since the community sees the thread has a solution and may not look into it. 

- Giri
0 Kudos