UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Simultaneous ADC operation at max sampling rate

Hi

I wanted a clarification on the entries in Appendix A Performance table in the ZCU111 RFSoC RF Data Converter Evaluation Tool Getting Started Guide. Under the ADC Performace matrix it is mentioned that with no of ADCs 8 and Data type as real, the max sampling rate supported is 0.512 GSPS. Does this mean that if I am operating all 8 ADCs at once, the maximum I can run each ADC is only 512 MSPS? Or is it that I can still run all 8 at 4.096 GSPS but the total duration will be lower such that the total sample volume of 128MB is kept a constant. Can you clarify this for me ?

In short I need to operate all eight ADCs at the same time at 4GSPS even if it is for a very short time. Is this even possible?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Simultaneous ADC operation at max sampling rate

Hi @arve9066 

The DDR mode supports up to 128M samples per channel, but has limitations on the data rates. This limitation on the data rates comes from different aspects of the software design and not from the Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC

In short I need to operate all eight ADCs at the same time at 4GSPS even if it is for a very short time. Is this even possible?   -> Yes this is possible , Evaluation GUI have provision to provided number of samples.

Capture1.PNG

If you exceed the limitation , Application will through the error saying not enough memory to complete the operation

Capture.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos