UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor jlivermore
Visitor

Specs for ADC/DAC clocks in RFSoC

Jump to solution

Where do I find the input specifications (voltage levels) for ADC_CLK and DAC_CLK?  DS926 does not seem to call these out.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Specs for ADC/DAC clocks in RFSoC

Jump to solution

The clock input should be AC coupled and provide a input that is between 0.9V and 1.8V pk-pk

this is called out in the data sheet. 

I would also encourage a proper simulation with the s-parameter models to ensure that the 0dBm input power requirement is met. 

Also you can sometimes get standing wave conditions (depending on the clock frequency and PCB length) which can lower the expected input power below the required level. Extraction & Simulation will highlight this issue and if changes are required. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Specs for ADC/DAC clocks in RFSoC

Jump to solution

The clock input should be AC coupled and provide a input that is between 0.9V and 1.8V pk-pk

this is called out in the data sheet. 

I would also encourage a proper simulation with the s-parameter models to ensure that the 0dBm input power requirement is met. 

Also you can sometimes get standing wave conditions (depending on the clock frequency and PCB length) which can lower the expected input power below the required level. Extraction & Simulation will highlight this issue and if changes are required. 

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos