Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
viclo3
Visitor
Visitor

Temperature range

Jump to solution

Hi,

For XCKU035-2SFVA784I, I want to find out both the operating and storage temperature range?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tenzinc

These are in the respective device family's data sheet... In this case ds892 for Kintex Ultrascale: 

tenzinc_1-1616452039381.png

tenzinc_0-1616451833565.png

Regards,

T

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Get started FAST with our UltraFAST design methodoly guides and don't forget to visit our Xilinx Design Hubs for additional resources and reference.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

9 Replies
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

Are you certain that part number is correct ?

The I at the end indicates the temprature range, 

for instance ,

XCKU035-1FBVA676I which is also a I part,

has Junction temperature of -40 to 100 Deg C

but I can not find the number you specify

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
viclo3
Visitor
Visitor

The part number is correct.

How does the junction temperature relate to operating and storage temperature?

0 Kudos
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

the operating temprature is defined at the junction,

if you have sufficient cooling, you an run it at any temprature ambient, if you keep the junction below the limit.

I have a design that runs way above 100 ambient, but it uses peltie coolers to keep junction below 100.

Storage, 

is the temperature as specified in the data sheet for the part,

but I can not find the part you refer to.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
bruce_karaffa
Scholar
Scholar

The semiconductor junctions are where most of the heat is generated so these junctions will be the hottest part of the chip.  The heat generated in the junctions must be dissipated to the surroundings.  Some heat will go into the circuit board. Some will go into the air.  Heat sinks and fans will increase the amount of heat that can be transferred into the air.  The maximum temperature of the surroundings must be calculated knowing the thermal resistance of the system, how much heat must be transferred and the difference in temperature.  It's basically an Ohm's law equation.

0 Kudos
viclo3
Visitor
Visitor

I understand the above explanation. Need someone to provide spec on operating and storage temperature range.

0 Kudos
tenzinc

These are in the respective device family's data sheet... In this case ds892 for Kintex Ultrascale: 

tenzinc_1-1616452039381.png

tenzinc_0-1616451833565.png

Regards,

T

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Get started FAST with our UltraFAST design methodoly guides and don't forget to visit our Xilinx Design Hubs for additional resources and reference.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

watari
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @viclo3 

As you may know, I suggest you to make sure thermal resistance and this formula to calculate junction temperature.

Refer the following, if you want to know details.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_resistance

Best regards,

viclo3
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks.

0 Kudos
viclo3
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you for explaining the junction temperature.