cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Ultrascale ISERDESE3 unexpected behaviour

Hello everyone, I am developing a data acquisition system based on a zynq ultrascale+ board. While I didn't have any problem with the 7 series iserdese and oserdese I am having trouble implementing the iserdese3 ultrascale primitive. In particular after my framing fsm has locked the incoming pattern by bit slipping I should expect a simple 8 bit counter output. However each 7 counter beats the output is wrong more or less like this:

08 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 00 09 0a. Is it a bit slip problem or a timing issue? Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Hi @peppe94 

Can you please share the ILA screenshot depicting this behaviour ?

Did you implement the bitslip in logic?

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1208-bitslip-logic.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi, unfortunately as soon as i put an ila in my design i have a placement error concerning the oserdese module I don't know how to proceed further. The behaviour I mentioned before showed up both in synthetized timing simulation and behavioural one. The bitslip logic I am using was actually based on the one you provided in Xapp, in particular I implemented the second method, the comparators one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @peppe94 

Please share us with the placement error you are getting .

The ILA capture will help us to identify what might go wrong.

Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
0 Kudos