Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

Ultrascale MPSoc ZU11 LP-DMA safety requirement

Jump to solution

Hello,

I've been analyzing the Zynq MPSoC safety manual (UG1226) and need some help to understand LP-DMA related requirements.

There are two connected requirements that demand to assign unique sequence numbers to DMA descriptors and to verify the order of completion of DMA descriptors based on the assigned sequence number. BUT, based on the technical reference manual (UG1085) the DMA controller doesn't provide any feedback which DMA descriptor was handled recently. The DMA controller solely supports interrupt accounting providing information about how many DMA descriptors were completed, but no information about which DMA descriptor was completed at a certain time.

Even though I could imagine to add a unique ID to the DMA source data that can be verified by the receiver to verify the origin of the transferred data, I don't think that is the intended safety measure.

What is the intention behind those safety requirements?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Christian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Christian,

The information on FuSa lounge is classified and we aren't supposed to discuss this information on Forums. I'll initiated a private email chain with you to address your queries.

Thanks,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Christian,

The information on FuSa lounge is classified and we aren't supposed to discuss this information on Forums. I'll initiated a private email chain with you to address your queries.

Thanks,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for your response.

I created a Service Request on that topic.

Thanks
Christian

0 Kudos