UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor das_enllobu
Visitor

Ultrascale Macro

Hi all, i am trying to get an upgrade of my code that fits with the ultrascale architecture and i am having a lot of problems with my MULT_MACRO, they are plenty functional in the 7Series (Virtex6 and Virtex7) but i cant find the equivalent in the ultrascale architecture. Neither in the vivado2017.3 templates nor in the primitive folders.

I have already found the Primitives but i want the little bit more of abstraction that the Macro's have.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Ultrascale Macro

Looking at UG974 the UltraScale Libraries Guide it says 

IMPORTANT: Unimacros from previous generation Xilinx FPGA Architectures are not supported
in the Ultrascale architecture and have been replaced by Xilinx Parameterized Macros.

However I do not see a XPM equivalent to the MULT_MACRO : MULT_MACRO simplifies the instantiation of the DSP48 block when used as a simple signed multiplier.

The Design Entry Method for the DSP48 is recommended as Inference, you can also use Instantiation and IP. 

The Vivado Synthesis Guide gives details on inference of the DSP48, starting on Pg81

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug901-vivado-synthesis.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos