UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor wideswath
Visitor

Ultrascale Schematic Symbol and Footprint

Jump to solution

I'm wondering if anyone has a speedy (and accurate) way to create an Altium schematic symbol for a Kintex Ultrascale part - specifically the KU060.  Altium doesn't seem to have this component on their website.  I read about some people using the ascii file released by Xilinx, but I don't see a way in Altium to use this file to create a schematic symbol.  Does anyone have a trick for using this file in Altium?

I figure I'm going to have to create this symbol manually, but was hoping someone out there might be able to save me some time and potential errors in my symbol by showing me a better way to create the symbol.  Fingers crossed.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor snewberry
Visitor

Re: Ultrascale Schematic Symbol and Footprint

Jump to solution

The trick is to use the smart grid paste function in Altium to get the pin numbers and names in there. First convert the ASCII pin file into an Excel file with different columns for the pin numbers and names. In Altium, create an array of pins (however many are on the package you're using) and select all of them. In Excel copy the entire spreadsheet then in Altium open the SCH List window. Right-click and use the smart grid paste (or insert.. it's been a while since I did it) and follow the dialog box. Note also that if you're going to use the pin-package delay parameter, Xilinx specifies this in picoseconds, but Altium expects in in mils, you'll have to convert ps to mils based on the signal flight time on your board.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Visitor snewberry
Visitor

Jump to solution

The trick is to use the smart grid paste function in Altium to get the pin numbers and names in there. First convert the ASCII pin file into an Excel file with different columns for the pin numbers and names. In Altium, create an array of pins (however many are on the package you're using) and select all of them. In Excel copy the entire spreadsheet then in Altium open the SCH List window. Right-click and use the smart grid paste (or insert.. it's been a while since I did it) and follow the dialog box. Note also that if you're going to use the pin-package delay parameter, Xilinx specifies this in picoseconds, but Altium expects in in mils, you'll have to convert ps to mils based on the signal flight time on your board.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Visitor wideswath
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you, this was very helpful.

0 Kudos
Newbie hongsen2018

Jump to solution

I am also finding the Altium designer Ultrascale Schematic Symbol and Footprint