UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor wideswath
Visitor

Unused MGT Pins

Jump to solution

I reviewed UG576 and UG578 for recommendations on unused MGTs and from those documents discerned that if I'm not using any MGTs at all, then I should do the following:

1) Leave all MGTAVCC, MGTAVTT, MGTVCCAUS, MGTREFCLK, MGTHTX and MGTHRX unconnected.

2) Ground all MGTRREF and MGTAVTTRCAL

Can anyone verify this is the correct approach?  I don't think it matters, but I'm using the KU060.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Unused MGT Pins

Jump to solution

Hello @wideswath,

For the power supply pins MGTAVCC, MGTAVTT and MGTAVCCAUX of unused MGTs, you can either leave them unconnected (which you are doing) or tie to GND only if RCAL circuit is not present in that Quad. 

For MGTHTX and MGTREFCLK pins, you can safely leave them unconnected.

For MGTHRX pins, there is special condition mentioned in UG depending on whether GT is instanced in the design or not. Make sure this condition is being followed.

MGTRREF and MGTAVTTRCAL should be tied to GND as you have mentioned.

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @wideswath,

For the power supply pins MGTAVCC, MGTAVTT and MGTAVCCAUX of unused MGTs, you can either leave them unconnected (which you are doing) or tie to GND only if RCAL circuit is not present in that Quad. 

For MGTHTX and MGTREFCLK pins, you can safely leave them unconnected.

For MGTHRX pins, there is special condition mentioned in UG depending on whether GT is instanced in the design or not. Make sure this condition is being followed.

MGTRREF and MGTAVTTRCAL should be tied to GND as you have mentioned.

Regards,
Ashish
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

Visitor wideswath
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply.  I read the note on the RCAL.  Since I'm grounding all RCAL pins, is it ok to leave the power pins all NC as I have?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @wideswath,

Yes power pins can be left unconnected in that case

Regards,
Ashish