Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicolas05
Contributor
Contributor

Use of DAC Tiles in ZCU111 Dev Board

Hello,

I want to generate a simple analog square wave using the ZCU111 Dev Board. 

How can I send a value to the DAC's in the XM500 daughter board? I can not find the net ports that correspond to the DAC Tiles in the constraints file. In the documentation regarding use of DAC's, only a GUI is used and explained, which I still don't understand if that is actually the way I should do this (it works with only 3 examples that generate sin waves, not square waves).  

I attach the code of a non analog pulse train generator I made. My goal is to use the same code, adapting the output to one of the DAC's tiles. My level of understanding is beginner. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
maps-mpls
Mentor
Mentor

@nicolas05 wrote:

My level of understanding is beginner. 

Thank you!

It is a complex chip for a beginner, and will require a lot of digging through TRDs, XDCs, and possibly schematics to do what your are asking. 

Is this for a school project? 

DocNav is your friend.  Open it up and dig in.

*** Destination: Rapid design and development cycles *** Unappreciated answers get deleted, unappreciative OPs get put on ignored list ***
0 Kudos
nicolas05
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @maps-mpls ,

Doing some more research on the GUI, it looks like it is possible to generate a wave "From File", option that I am still trying to make sure it actually works for, say, a square wave.

As you have said, programming over the AXI buses seems hard but I want to learn it. 

0 Kudos