UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor omerfirmak
Visitor

Vivado Power Estimater supply voltage ranges are not accurate.

Hi,

So, I have been trying to get a power estimate. But I can't specify correct supply voltages, static power is reported as some absurdly high number. An example power report window is as given below. I dont think Vcco33 should be exactly 3V. I have tried different part numbers as my target, it doesnt help.

I am running Vivado 2019.1 on Ubuntu. What could be the problem?

Screenshot from 2019-08-17 23-08-55.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Vivado Power Estimater supply voltage ranges are not accurate.

@omerfirmak  Interesting since I don't see this at my end on 2019.1 Can you share the below so that I can check

1. Complete Part# of the device you have in Vivado
  2. You mentioned you tried different part numbers. You mean from the same family or different families as well? e.g. 7- series , Ultrascale etc.. 
  3. Share complete version your Ubuntu OS
  4. Is this post synthesis or post implementation?
- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor omerfirmak
Visitor

@gnaraharThanks for getting back to me.

I opened the project in a different Windows PC without this problem and when I moved the project files back to my original workstation the ranges were correct. The answers to your questions are below if you would like to take a look at the root cause.

1. xc7z020clg484-1 (It's a Zedboard)

2. Yeah I tried different families, though I cant remember which ones I have tried.

3. It's Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with latest updates installed.

4. If I recall correctly I tried at both steps.

Ömer

0 Kudos
Visitor omerfirmak
Visitor

@gnaraharQuick update, after I rerun the flow; it goes back to the original broken state.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@omerfirmak  Just to make sure I understand the flow right

1. Run your project on Windows machine -> no issue
  2. Get the project files into Ubuntu machine and open the report -> no issue
  3. re-run the Synthesis/Impl flow -> issue reappears and voltage settings broken

Is the above correct? If not, do edit the above flow so that I can check at my end. 

Would you be able to share your Vivado project? If yes, I will send you a link separately to share the design. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos