cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omerfirmak
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado Power Estimater supply voltage ranges are not accurate.

Hi,

So, I have been trying to get a power estimate. But I can't specify correct supply voltages, static power is reported as some absurdly high number. An example power report window is as given below. I dont think Vcco33 should be exactly 3V. I have tried different part numbers as my target, it doesnt help.

I am running Vivado 2019.1 on Ubuntu. What could be the problem?

Screenshot from 2019-08-17 23-08-55.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gnarahar

@omerfirmak  Interesting since I don't see this at my end on 2019.1 Can you share the below so that I can check

1. Complete Part# of the device you have in Vivado
  2. You mentioned you tried different part numbers. You mean from the same family or different families as well? e.g. 7- series , Ultrascale etc.. 
  3. Share complete version your Ubuntu OS
  4. Is this post synthesis or post implementation?
- Giri
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
omerfirmak
Visitor
Visitor

@gnaraharThanks for getting back to me.

I opened the project in a different Windows PC without this problem and when I moved the project files back to my original workstation the ranges were correct. The answers to your questions are below if you would like to take a look at the root cause.

1. xc7z020clg484-1 (It's a Zedboard)

2. Yeah I tried different families, though I cant remember which ones I have tried.

3. It's Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with latest updates installed.

4. If I recall correctly I tried at both steps.

Ömer

0 Kudos
omerfirmak
Visitor
Visitor

@gnaraharQuick update, after I rerun the flow; it goes back to the original broken state.

0 Kudos
gnarahar

@omerfirmak  Just to make sure I understand the flow right

1. Run your project on Windows machine -> no issue
  2. Get the project files into Ubuntu machine and open the report -> no issue
  3. re-run the Synthesis/Impl flow -> issue reappears and voltage settings broken

Is the above correct? If not, do edit the above flow so that I can check at my end. 

Would you be able to share your Vivado project? If yes, I will send you a link separately to share the design. 

- Giri
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs

0 Kudos