cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreaguns
Observer
Observer

Which Manual describes the max current for POWER Pins on an Ultrascale IC?

I see that UG583 (PCB Design) show max current for VCCINT.

I also see that DS925 (DC& AC Switching Characteristics) show max current for I_DC and I_RMS = 20mA [For I/O's]

I'm trying to find what spec mentions the max current for the power pins and can't find it.

dreaguns_0-1616513993689.pngdreaguns_1-1616514011332.pngdreaguns_2-1616514057491.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tenzinc

There is no such manual. We expect the current to be driven roughly equally divided between each of the supply balls otherwise that defeats the purpose of power delivery and integrity. So in your case for the ZU4G_FBVB with 29 VCCINT balls that would be 52A/29Balls = ~1.8A max per ball. 

Regards,

T

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Get started FAST with our UltraFAST design methodoly guides and don't forget to visit our Xilinx Design Hubs for additional resources and reference.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
bruce_karaffa
Scholar
Scholar

I know somebody mentioned in one of your previous posts that you will need a robust thermal solution if you are using anywhere near 52 amps of Vccint.  You might also want to consider using more than one plane to deliver the Vccint.  All of the vias in a big package will break up the plane.  At that power draw, I wouldn't be surprised of the inner Vccint pins could be seeing a lower voltage.