UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jwright
Visitor

XCVU37P-FSVH2892 Thermal Model

Jump to solution

This request is similar to the one I submitted earlier regarding the thermal model for XCZU29DR-1FSVF1760I. I need the same info for the XCVU37P-1FSVH2892E. Where can I find the details for creating a "Delphi model" and "Detailed Model" for XCVU37P-1FSVH2892E as mentioned in xapp1301-mechanical-thermal-design-guidelines.pdf?

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: XCVU37P-FSVH2892 Thermal Model

Jump to solution

@jwright  Since you are using Solidworks, we don't have a Thermal model for the same. However we do provide the thermal resistance table (under NDA) when requested through an SR using which you can build your own model in Solidworks. 

Having said that, we did receive your request for this through an SR from our FAE and you should be receiving the above file soon. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Jump to solution

@jwright  You can download the DELPHI model for XCVU37P-1FSVH2892E here

https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/device-models/package-thermal-models/utrascale-plus-fpgas.html

If you need a Detailed model, please approach your Xilinx FAE or Distrubutor FAE who can open an SR for you and get you the models. These detailed models are shared only under NDA. 

Having said that, if you are at the initial stage of your Thermal solution design,  start off with the DELPHI model as you may need to do various iterations and then use the Detailed model to fine tune and finalize your thermal solution. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor jwright
Visitor

Jump to solution

Note:  we use SolidWorks FlowSimulation.  Where can I find the details for creating the XCVU37P-FSVH2892 DELPHI thermal model? 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @jwright,

Please check this help or ask Solidworks to see if the delphi model is supported or created in solidworks, or detail model is required.

Thanks
Simon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor jwright
Visitor

Jump to solution

The pdml file is Flotherm specific, and the tzr file is Icepak specific.  Solidworks cannot open either one.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@jwright  Since you are using Solidworks, we don't have a Thermal model for the same. However we do provide the thermal resistance table (under NDA) when requested through an SR using which you can build your own model in Solidworks. 

Having said that, we did receive your request for this through an SR from our FAE and you should be receiving the above file soon. 

- Giri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor jwright
Visitor

Jump to solution

Potentially, I can also use the detailed thermal model for this part - we may gain access to Icepak.  I've requested our Xilinx FAE to open a SR for the model.   Do you know when it will be available? 

0 Kudos