Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hippohmh
Observer
Observer

Xilinx Versal ACAP power consumption

Hi. 

I'm very interested in Xilinx Versal ACAP series.

I'm wondering power consumption of Versal ACAP series compared to other computing resources such as x86 CPUs, GPUs, TPUs etc.

Docs from Xilinx said that they provide power efficient platform, but they don't tell us quantitative results.

Where can I found quantitative results of power consumption of Versal ACAP?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
gnarahar

@hippohmh The Power depends a lot on the application and your design environment. Understanding your application will be a better way to estimate the Power.

I would suggest touching base with our FAE's who will be able to guide you once they have an understanding of your application. 

- Giri
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Fajung
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Giri:

Could you share XCVC1902-2HSEVSVD1760  max power consumption to me?

I need to know max power consumption for thermal simulation.

BR. 

0 Kudos
gnarahar

@Fajung  

There is no such thing as maximum power for these devices since Power not only depends on your design resources but also on the Environment settings. You could have the same design consuming different power due to the ambient temperature conditions it is operating in. 

For your Thermal sims, the flow would be

1. Use Xilinx Power Estimator to estimate Power for your design. 
  2. Make sure to set Tj to Max i.e. 100C and Process to Maximum
  3. This will give you the Worst Case Power. at Max Operating condition. 
  4. Use this value for your Thermal sims to derive the Thermal solution. Make sure to include Thermal Margin in the sims to account for uncertainties (PCB, TIM, estimation etc.)

- Giri
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs

0 Kudos