Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

ZCU111 Reference design ADC Performance Matrix

Hi, 

I am evaluating RFSoC for highspeed DAQ and wavegen.

Referring to the "ZCU111 RFSOC RF Data Convertrer Evaluation Tool Getting Started Guuide" in below URL:

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/57606309/ZCU111+RFSoC+RF+Data+Converter+Evaluation+Tool+Getting+Started+Guide

I have a questions about the ADC performance in DDR mode:

ADC Performance.JPG

The table indicates that if ADC are configured to 0.512GPS with 8 channels turned on, the max sample length is 128MB / channels.

1. Since each sample is 16bits (2 Bytes), does the 128MB / channels translate directly to 64 Mega Samples per channel? 

2. If I enable only a single ADC, I should be able to fill the 64 Mega Samples per channels DDR space with the data continously sampled data from ADC, is this assumption correct?

3. If I turn on all instance of ADC, although the DDR memory space allocated is 64 MegaSamples per channel, I no longer able to stream the continously sampled data from "all 8 ADC channels" into individual memory channel because of the limitation of Channel Select Mux and SG-DMA, is this assumption correct?

4. The implementation  of 8 Channel ADC in the reference design involve a Channel Select Mux before connects to SGDMA, does it mean that a single point of time only one ADC can connects to SGDMA then to PL DDR ?

5. The ADC Data FIFO is configured to be 2048 (depth) x 256 bits = 32.768 kilo samples (16 bits ), does it means that if i would like to implement simultaneous sampling of all 8 channels, the I can only acquire 32.768 kilo samples, store them into the fifo before move the simultaneously sampled data to DDR sequentially to the DDR memory via the Channel Select Mux?

Thank you.

Regards,

KH

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: ZCU111 Reference design ADC Performance Matrix

Hi @karnhwa 

If i presume correctly , you have not reffered to Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC RF Data Converter Evaluation Tool (ZCU111) user guide and hence the questions.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zcu111/2019_2/ug1287-zcu111-rfsoc-eval-tool.pdf

Answer to all your queries can be found in this user guide in the secion of ADC data flow.

I wonder if you can go throuh it and let us know if you still need clarification on few.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Re: ZCU111 Reference design ADC Performance Matrix

Thanks for pointing out documentatation.

I would like to ask for clarification on item 3 and item 5. This is because the "Channel Select Mux" documentation is very limited, could you please advise further?

0 Kudos