cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync Ultrascale + RFSoC Data Converter GUI Settings : Crossbar and Mixer mode Settings

Hi ,

I understood from the GUI interface of ZCU111 that the settings of cross bar and mixer mode settings should be the following :

Mixer mode values for ADC is fixed for the following conditions and can't be change .
  1. When crossbar is Real Single band, mixer mode can be Real->Real or Real<-IQ .
  2. When the crossbar is Real Dual Band , mixer mode has to be Real<-IQ.
  3. When the crossbar is IQ Single Band or IQ Dual Band, mixer mode has to be IQ->IQ.
Mixer mode values for DAC is fixed for the following conditions and that can't be change.
  1. When crossbar is Real Single band, mixer mode can be Real->Real  or IQ-> Real.
  2. When the crossbar is Real Dual Band or Real Quad Band ,mixer mode has to be 
    IQ->Real.
  3. When the crossbar is IQ Single Band , IQ Dual Band or IQ Quad Band , mixer mode has to be IQ->IQ.

My question is , What exactly is Real Single Mode, Real Dual Mode, IQ Single Mode , IQ Dual Mode. Can someone explain these terms ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Real Single Mode : Only one band in incoming signal. simplest use case.

Real Dual Mode: there are two bands in the incoming signal, ADC samples the signal and there are two Mixers behind to shift the incoming signal to the expected frequency point.

IQ Single Mode: complex signal input to two separate ADC. One for sampling I signal and the other for sampling Q signal. IQ signal then is sent to one mixer that is behind two ADC.

IQ Dual Mode: complex signal includes two bands. two ADC enable to sample I and Q separately and then sent I signal and Q signal respectively to two mixers. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!

Hi, thanks for your reply. Just want to clarify on IQ Single Band . "It should be used when the input signal is complex and single band right ?"

0 Kudos