UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zynq Decoupling

Jump to solution

We are designing a board with a Zynq Ultrascale+ and I have a few decoupling questions.  I'm looking at UG583, the Ultrascale PCB Design Guide, Table 1-6 and I see a recommendation for Vccaux/Vccaux_io for two 47uF caps and three 4.7uF caps.  Just to be clear, is that 5 caps for the combined Vccaux/Vccaux_io rail, or is it 5 caps for Vccaux and five for Vccaux_io?

We are not using the Vcc_psbatt and have it connected to the 1.8V Vcc_psaux rail.  Is there any reason to add additional capacitors on top of the recommended caps for Vcc_psaux?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Zynq Decoupling

Jump to solution

5 for the combined, not 5 each,

No, unnecessary to add decoupling to the combined if the power domain is unused.  This domain I believe is used for the built in real time clock (and RAM for keys),

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Zynq Decoupling

Jump to solution

5 for the combined, not 5 each,

No, unnecessary to add decoupling to the combined if the power domain is unused.  This domain I believe is used for the built in real time clock (and RAM for keys),

View solution in original post