UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jblank
Visitor

Zynq UltraScale+ Single-Ended and Differential Connections

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the Zynq UltraScale+. Take this SoM for example: https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/en/TE0808-04-09EG-2IE-UltraSOM-MPSoC-Module-with-Zynq-UltraScale-XCZU9EG-2FFVC900I-4-GB-DDR4

Is it possible to allocate certain pins to being differential or do you have to allocate the entire I/O bank to being differential? Similarily, if I want to use single-ended signals, does the entire I/O bank have to consist of single-ended signals? 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Zynq UltraScale+ Single-Ended and Differential Connections

Jump to solution

You may allocate some pins in a bank to be differential and some to be single ended.  You must select IO standards compatible with the bank type (HP or HR) and with teh VCCO powering that bank.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Zynq UltraScale+ Single-Ended and Differential Connections

Jump to solution

You may allocate some pins in a bank to be differential and some to be single ended.  You must select IO standards compatible with the bank type (HP or HR) and with teh VCCO powering that bank.