UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer amitg
Observer

axi_c2c with selectIO

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a problem using axi_c2c with selectIO interface. This is the error I get in implementation:

[Place 30-681] Sub-optimal placement for a global clock-capable IO pin and MMCM pair. As a workaround for this error, please insert a BUFG in between the IO and the MMCM.
i_system_wrapper/system_i/axi_chip2chip_0/inst/master_fpga_gen.axi_chip2chip_master_phy_inst/master_sio_phy.axi_chip2chip_sio_input_inst/axi_chip2chip_clk_gen_inst/single_end_clk_gen.ibufg_clk_inst/IBUFCTRL_INST (IBUFCTRL.O) is locked to IOB_X0Y8 (in SLR 0)
i_system_wrapper/system_i/axi_chip2chip_0/inst/master_fpga_gen.axi_chip2chip_master_phy_inst/master_sio_phy.axi_chip2chip_sio_input_inst/axi_chip2chip_clk_gen_inst/gen_mmcme3.mmcm_adv_inst (MMCME3_ADV.CLKIN1) is provisionally placed by clockplacer on MMCME3_ADV_X0Y0 (in SLR 0)

The above error could possibly be related to other connected instances. Following is a list of
all the related clock rules and their respective instances.

Clock Rule: rule_bufgce_bufg_conflict
Rule Description: Only one of the 2 available sites (BUFGCE or BUFGCE_DIV/BUFGCTRL) in a pair can be
used at the same time
i_system_wrapper/system_i/axi_chip2chip_0/inst/master_fpga_gen.axi_chip2chip_master_phy_inst/master_sio_phy.axi_chip2chip_sio_input_inst/axi_chip2chip_clk_gen_inst/bufg_inst (BUFGCE.O) is provisionally placed by clockplacer on BUFGCE_X0Y22 (in SLR 0)

Clock Rule: rule_mmcm_bufg
Rule Description: A MMCM driving a BUFG must be placed in the same clock region of the device as the
BUFG
i_system_wrapper/system_i/axi_chip2chip_0/inst/master_fpga_gen.axi_chip2chip_master_phy_inst/master_sio_phy.axi_chip2chip_sio_input_inst/axi_chip2chip_clk_gen_inst/gen_mmcme3.mmcm_adv_inst (MMCME3_ADV.CLKFBOUT) is provisionally placed by clockplacer on MMCME3_ADV_X0Y0 (in SLR 0)
i_system_wrapper/system_i/axi_chip2chip_0/inst/master_fpga_gen.axi_chip2chip_master_phy_inst/master_sio_phy.axi_chip2chip_sio_input_inst/axi_chip2chip_clk_gen_inst/fb_bufg_inst (BUFGCE.I) is provisionally placed by clockplacer on BUFGCE_X0Y23 (in SLR 0)

Clock Rule: rule_bufgce_bufg_conflict
Rule Description: Only one of the 2 available sites (BUFGCE or BUFGCE_DIV/BUFGCTRL) in a pair can be
used at the same time
and i_system_wrapper/system_i/axi_chip2chip_0/inst/master_fpga_gen.axi_chip2chip_master_phy_inst/master_sio_phy.axi_chip2chip_sio_input_inst/axi_chip2chip_clk_gen_inst/fb_bufg_inst (BUFGCE.O) is provisionally placed by clockplacer on BUFGCE_X0Y23 (in SLR 0)

What can I do with this error?

Thanks,

Amit

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer amitg
Observer

Re: axi_c2c with selectIO

Jump to solution

The problem was that Rx clk of the interface placed to non GC I/O

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Jump to solution

@amitg,

The answer is there is the message itself--

As a workaround for this error, please insert a BUFG in between the IO and the MMCM.

Have you tried this approach? Did it work?

There are more solutions, please read the following answer records:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62868.html

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66659.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer amitg
Observer

Jump to solution

The problem was that Rx clk of the interface placed to non GC I/O

0 Kudos