cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fanwei
Adventurer
Adventurer

the relationship between PL_CLK and m_axi_clk when in ZCU111 Multi RF-ADCs tiles synchronization ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

There is a question for me  when for Multi RF-ADCS tiles synchronization.  

in pg269 (v2_4 ) page176,when adc and dac working  on different clock rates,the PL_CLK must be common multiple or sub-multiple of the          RF-ADC andRF-DAC AXI4-Stream clocks,show below:

but when only using multi-ADCs Tile, the PL_CLK is also be common mulitple or sub-multiple RF-ADC AXI4-Streams clk?

fanwei_0-1623313192875.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pthakare

Hi @fanwei 

With these frequency values , PL SYSREF frequency is common sub-multiple of all the clocks in the system. 

But PL_CLK is not  common multiple or sub-multiple of the RF-ADC AXI4-Stream clock.

I will discuss internally if you this works for MTS or having the PL_CLK common multiple or sub -multiple of the RF_ADC Stream clock is stringent requirement and that need to followed strictly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
fanwei
Adventurer
Adventurer

in my project,my adcs  working on sample rate 3.328Gsps. real-->I/Q   2xDecimation with NCO. So need  axi-stream clk is 208M. 

i will using LMK04208(VCO freq :3072Mhz) generate 8M analog SYSREF and PL_SYSREF, but I can not config clk divider in LMK04208 to generate PL_CLK that mulitple or sub-multiple of the axi-stream clk,

i will try to generate 96M  PL_CLK   and  use a mmcm in fpga  to generate 208M  to axi-stream clk

0 Kudos
pthakare

Hi @fanwei 

With these frequency values , PL SYSREF frequency is common sub-multiple of all the clocks in the system. 

But PL_CLK is not  common multiple or sub-multiple of the RF-ADC AXI4-Stream clock.

I will discuss internally if you this works for MTS or having the PL_CLK common multiple or sub -multiple of the RF_ADC Stream clock is stringent requirement and that need to followed strictly.

Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
fanwei
Adventurer
Adventurer

thank you  @pthakare  .

So in my project , the LMK04208 can not generate the PL_CLK that is common multiple or sub-multiple of the RF-ADC AXI4-Stream clk. 

There is no guarantee that Multi RF-ADCs tiles synchronization.

In another way,when  ADCS or DACS   sampling frequency is set strangely ,but LMK04208  can not generate the correct  sysref and PL_CLK frequency, it will fail when synchronization is         performed, 

Is there a solution here for applications with   setting strangely frequency?

0 Kudos
fanwei
Adventurer
Adventurer

hi @pthakare 

i  have configured the LMK04208 PLL2  paramenter to  modify interal VCO  freq,and generated the PLL_CLK and analog SYSREF PL_SYSREF that i wanted,

and these freq are sub -multiple of the RF_ADC sample clks/ axi-stream clk