cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giovanniM
Visitor
Visitor

vu19p - [Place 30-1902] Failed to place instance X of type OSERDESE3.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm getting this critical warning that makes the placer to stop prematurely. There are no other critical warnings or error before that one. I am actually instantiating a bunch of I/ODDR, even tho they are supposed to be I/ODDRE1, when instantiating such primitives in a test project they get properly implemented without issues.

The issue is only reported for OSERDESE3, either there are no issues with the ISERDESE3 or the placer stops before processing them.

Any idea?

Using Vivado 2020.2

Thank you

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
giovanniM
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

The critical warning message is just that, nothing more. X is just the path to the IDDR instantiation which I'd rather not share.

I forgot to update, the solution was to use I/ODDRE1 instead of I/ODDR. For whatever reason the tool doesn't explicitly complain about using the old modules, but it's clearly an issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
giovanniM
Visitor
Visitor

In a previous run, I used same RTL (at least around the I/ODDR components), while it was an ultrascale fpga (not +) and vivado was 2018.1, the I/ODDR did not get converted to I/OSERDESE3. The run was successful tho.

0 Kudos
sandrao
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @giovanniM 

Can you share the exact CW you are getting from the tools? Also can you share the IDDR and ODDR RTL you are using?

Thanks,

Sandy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub , Versal Blogs and the Versal Useful Resources .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
giovanniM
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

The critical warning message is just that, nothing more. X is just the path to the IDDR instantiation which I'd rather not share.

I forgot to update, the solution was to use I/ODDRE1 instead of I/ODDR. For whatever reason the tool doesn't explicitly complain about using the old modules, but it's clearly an issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
joancab
Teacher
Teacher

"The critical warning message is just that, nothing more"

And nothing less. In my case I also get this:

[Place 30-99] Placer failed with error: 'Placer initialization failed: For details see CRITICAL WARNING(s) reported earlier in the flow.'
Please review all ERROR, CRITICAL WARNING, and WARNING messages during placement to understand the cause for failure.

0 Kudos