cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrbietola
Scholar
Scholar

Abnormal number of interrupts from Display port!

Hi, i have a design where i use Display port with live video from PL, the video is sent to GPU and than back to PL.

Everything works, my design runs on R5 processor that is launched by linux via openamp.

In the linux console i see with "top" command that the interrupt from zynq displayport is using 48% of CPU.

If i use the command cat /proc/interrupts, i see a very big number of interrupts coming from the display port.

Is this expected?

Untitled.png
0 Kudos
2 Replies
watari
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @mrbietola 

Would you share your design's diagram to investigate the route cause ?

I can't correctly imagine your situation.

BTW, if my understanding is correct, it seems performance issue.

Would you make sure hpd signal ?

Best regards,

mrbietola
Scholar
Scholar

The design is quite complex, to simplfy i have

SDI input -> conversion to RGB video 444 -> DP live video in -> DP live video out --> conversion to SDI output

I don't have physically a Display port connection (Lane selection = NONE ) but i need display port to be able to do graphics with the GPU (very lame)

We modified the kernel to achieve this.

I don't know how to check this HPD signal, i would like to read what interrupt is causing this problem.

I would also like to disable not required interrupt, i'm using avbuf driver and i don't see how can i disable the interrupts

I have a similar design with Vivado 2018.3 and the interrupt is firing much more slower (the CPU time reported by "top" is almost 0%)

0 Kudos