Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
auricm
Explorer
Explorer

Artix 7 xapp1097 3G-SDI receiver

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I designed a system which has 4 3G-SDI outputs and 2 inputs and many other DVI input/output signals, the main purpose is to switch the signal between input and outout.

The board mount an artix 7 xc7a200 tfbg676 -2 device, actually I'm using Vivado 2015.2 and to implement the 3G-SDI I followed the xapp1097 v1.1.

The four output work properly in HD and 3G-SDI (Level A), I can see the images without problems in various monitors from different suppliers.

The issue comes when I connect the 3G-SDI (1080 @60Hz) output to the input, the rx_locked_signal is always high but the rx_t_family keep changing or have "1111" value so the transport video format is not known and also the frame rate is wrong.

There's no problem when the output is an HD-SDI.

The firmware difference between the xapp1097 and my system is that I used Transceiver wizard 3.5 instead of 3.0 (original xapp1097), obviously I replied the structure of the xapp for each channel with a single common sdi wrapper. In hardware design I followed all rules about spacing and impedance of all differntial connections, also the cable equalizer/driver (LMH0387) is the same used in board (TB-FMCH-3GSDI2A) used in the xapp1097. I'm investigating on the board and firmware even if as the output is working I think that the pcb traces are not the problem.

Thank you

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
auricm
Explorer
Explorer

Hi all,

after a long hardware/firmware debug, turns out that the firmware is working properly and the problem is related to the BNC connector used on the board that has a declared bandwidth compatible with 3G-SDI signals but not meet the specification standard. So after changing the connector everything is working properly.

Hope this can help, thank you for your support

Regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies
auricm
Explorer
Explorer

Hi all,

after a long hardware/firmware debug, turns out that the firmware is working properly and the problem is related to the BNC connector used on the board that has a declared bandwidth compatible with 3G-SDI signals but not meet the specification standard. So after changing the connector everything is working properly.

Hope this can help, thank you for your support

Regards

View solution in original post

hey all

I am trying to implement the SDI solution following XAPP1097 for my system and am a little unclear on how to feed my video source to SDI input. In XAPP1097 one example uses VPG for input source and the other is a passthrough, what if I want to push my processed data out of my image pipeline, I can first change my rgb data to yuv using rgb2YCbCr, then change the axistream2video out. But I am not clear how to generate the two 10 bits data stream for mode A or four 10 bits data stream for mode B and the required supporting signals, how can I proceed??

I also looked into Video2SDI TX Bridge, UHD-SDI, do I need to go there or there is something simpler than can be done.

It will be helpful if I can have some guide.

thank you.

@auricm

0 Kudos
auricm
Explorer
Explorer

Hi sneha.chand@htic.iitm.ac.in 

I don't understand your problem, seems that you're working on transmission but my original post was on receive SDI signal, anyway SDI uses YCbCr color space so yes, if you have RGB you have to convert that to YCbCr 20 bit.

I never used the UHD-SDI IP, so I don't know if it can be helpful or easier.

My original post is 4 years old so I highly suggest you to create a new post on the forum

Regards

0 Kudos

hi 

thank you for your reply.

I just want to understand with 20-bit YCbCr output how do I feed it as my SDI tx source, what about the sync signals and other supporting signals.

how did u feed you design data at SDI tx?

0 Kudos
auricm
Explorer
Explorer

Hi

At the time I wrote my own a sync generator, so you have to do the same if in the mean time there's no other Xilinx or open source tool that do that for you.

Check XAPP1076

Regards

hi

okay, thank you. il check out XAPP1076.

thank you for your time!

0 Kudos