cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DisplayPort Baremetal Example for MPSoc

Jump to solution

Hello,

I came across AR71416, where a bare metal example design for the DisplayPort of the Zynq Ultrascale+ FPGA is described (for Vivado 2018.1).

So I was looking for this example design in Vitis 2020.1 and found even three different designs, great!

But after generation of the xdppsu_poll_example example, it was not compilable at all!!!!

In the xdppsu_poll_example.c header I found the following lines:

* @note For this example to display output, the user will need to
* implement initialization of the system (DpPsu_PlatformInit) and,
* after training is complete, implement configuration of the video
* stream source in order to provide the DisplayPort core with
* input (DpPsu_StreamSrc* - called in xdppsu_common_example.c).
* @note The functions DpPsu_PlatformInit and DpPsu_StreamSrc* are declared
* extern in xdppsu_common_example.h and are left up to the user to
* implement.

Does this mean that I have to find out how the stuff with the DisplayPort is working ... to get the EXAMPLE DESIGN working !?!??!?!

This sounds for me contradictory or am I missing something?????

Thank you for your help!!!

Marc

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Found it out

Vitis SDK failed to import the files xdppsu_common_example.c/.h into the project even if they are selected for import.

They are existing in Xilinx\Vitis\2020.1\data\embeddedsw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\drivers\dppsu_v1_2\examples.

With these existing files the "notes" makes also sense, but in a different way than I thought first

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Found it out

Vitis SDK failed to import the files xdppsu_common_example.c/.h into the project even if they are selected for import.

They are existing in Xilinx\Vitis\2020.1\data\embeddedsw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\drivers\dppsu_v1_2\examples.

With these existing files the "notes" makes also sense, but in a different way than I thought first

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have to revise myself.

These files are existing and must be copied manually into the project BUT Xilinx means this sentence really!!!!

>>The functions DpPsu_PlatformInit and DpPsu_StreamSrc* are declared extern in xdppsu_common_example.h and are left up to the user to implement.

The purpose of an example is normally (and was it also in the past) that the developer can see how it must be done, Xilinx!

If I have to do the work nevertheless by myself, these examples become useless at all !!!!

Sorry Xilinx, this is one step back again!!!!

I stay with 2019.1...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Btw. the 2019.1 example is also not working out of the box.

One not unimportend line of code got lost between 2018.2 and 2019.1 .... incredible ...

0 Kudos