Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hrushi18
Observer
Observer

Example Code for Test Pattern Generator

Hi ,

I want to generate the video signals which I can use to feed as an input to the DisplayPort TX subsystem(Native stream). Our team has created design which are using video test pattern generator,video timing controller and AXI4 stream to video out IP's to generate the test pattern.

I want to individually test this design using ILA before connecting it to DP TX subsystem. But I have below concerns:

1) Is there any Video Test pattern generator example code to generate the video of specified timings ?

2) Is it mandatory to use CLK_WIZ IP ?

Regards,

Hrushi

0 Kudos
2 Replies
watari
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @hrushi18 

>2) Is it mandatory to use CLK_WIZ IP ?

Yes.

But you must change pll setting via DRP interface.

Refer page 4 of the following URL.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp888_7Series_DynamicRecon.pdf

Best regards,

0 Kudos
florentw

Hi @hrushi18 

The video test pattern generator is an helper core available only in the Displayport example designs. It is not supported outside the example designs.

The only example are the Displayport example designs.

You might want to consider the Xilinx Test Pattern Generator which is part of the IP catalog. However, please note that the user is expected to map the video streams on the lanes for the displayport Tx. This mapping will change depending on how many lanes are trained

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos