cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

HDCP EEPROM Programming Reading not working

Jump to solution

Hi,

I just generated an HDMI TX Only example design with HDCP 1.4 and 2.2 using Vivado 2018.1 and implemented it, and in SDK generated the hdcp_key_utility and TxOnly_Microblaze applications to be used on a KC-705 board which has an Inrevium FMC-HDMI4K card on it for HDMI.

It seems that the FMC board has an EDID EEPROM which the HDCP application uses for storing the keys (Device ID 0x50 7 bit address or 0xA0 8 bit address with LSB as read bit).

When I run the hdcp_key_utility to load the keys and set a password I get the output shown below.

hdcp1.png

But when I then run the TxOnly_Microblaze application and re-enter the password to read the keys it doesn't like the password.   Am I doing this correctly?

hdcp2.png

Thanks.

Tim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@watari,

I looked at the io pin mapping and verified the FMC IIC pins go to the FMC board and those nets go to that I2C eeprom labeled for "EDID", but since I am doing HDMI Tx only I can use it for HDCP.

I think I got it working after trying a few more times.   I think there might be an issue with my TeraTerm terminal adding in characters sometimes.

Thanks.

Tim

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @tim_severance

I'm not sure. Because of I only have an experience of HDCP with Displayport at KC-705 and this daughter board.

In this case I stored HDCP key in EEPROM on KC-705.

I guess  it's a same situation.

So FMC has an EEPROM for EDID not for HDCP.

Would you make sure it ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@watari,

I looked at the io pin mapping and verified the FMC IIC pins go to the FMC board and those nets go to that I2C eeprom labeled for "EDID", but since I am doing HDMI Tx only I can use it for HDCP.

I think I got it working after trying a few more times.   I think there might be an issue with my TeraTerm terminal adding in characters sometimes.

Thanks.

Tim

View solution in original post

Highlighted

HI @tim_severance,

Is everything working fine for you now?

I yes, could you kindly mark the topic as solved? Else, as usual, let us know, we are here to help ;)

Thanks,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos