Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msj007
Observer
Observer

HDMI Passthrough with Microblaze does not run/work on ZCU106

Hi

I got the HDMI pass through example working with ZCU106 devkit which works fine when running on the Zynq PS Arm. Now I'm trying to get the same example working with but using Microblaze instead of the Zynq PS Arm. I took the default example design in Vivado and modified the hierarchy named 'zynq_us_ss_0' to include Microblaze. 

The actual example has this hierarchy as  below:msj007_0-1626848704202.png

I changed it to below:

msj007_2-1626848990954.png

The zynq PS is still there so we can use PL clocks from it. Its slave PS-PL interface (S_AXI_HP0_FPD) is there so that Microblaze can use the PS UART for xil_printf statements. Can someone verify if these connections look right?

In Vitis, I created a standalone domain for microblaze  and created an application project by importing example for  hdmi pass through for microblaze.  When I run it, nothing happens - on the terminal , it does not display the menu and other details that are usually printed out for the hdmi pass through example. When I try to use the debug mode, it doesn't seem to go enter the main() function and seems to wait.

I have attached the tcl and other design files necessary to recreate the block design in Vivado 2020.2.

Tags (1)
2 Replies
msj007
Observer
Observer

Hi

Is someone from Xilinx able to assist?

Update - To find out which lines were causing the code to not run, I commented various lines in ‘xhdmi_example.c’ in the hdmi passthrough example application project until it could atleast run and display some menu items on the terminal.  Attaching the original and new code - doing a kdiff to see which lines I commented to get it to run can give some clues perhaps.

0 Kudos
msj007
Observer
Observer

Attaching a pdf of block design, it would be great if someone can help me verify the interconnections are right around the blocks shown in image in actual post.

0 Kudos