cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

HDMI Tx IP Core

Jump to solution

Hello,

I just wanted to confirm that the only way to provide an hdmi output from the zcu102 eval board is to purchase the hdmi ip core. We do not want to use displayport on the board. I know there is an eval of the hdmi ip core for free, but from what I saw on Avnet the price of the core is above $10k, just wanted to make sure there were no other options if we simply need to connect to an HDMI screen using ZCU102.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

HI emir@cerebruscorp.com 

I am not sure the HDMI IPs you will find on github can be used on the connector of the ZCU102 (which uses the gigabit transceivers). 

Depending on what output resolution you are looking for you might find cheaper option. For example the following FMC card does not require the HDMI IP (the HDMI formatting is done by the ADV7511 on the FMC card). However the maximum resolution you can reach is 1080p:

https://www.avnet.com/shop/us/products/avnet-engineering-services/aes-fmc-hdmi-cam-g-3074457345635221625/ 

You can generate an evaluation license of the HDMI TX subsystem on the HDMI IP product page, just be aware that when you use an evaluation license there is a timeout thus the HDMI output will only work for few hours.

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

emir@cerebruscorp.com ,

If you look hard enough, you can find some other HDMI cores on Github.  In the end, you'll get what you pay for.

Dan

0 Kudos
Highlighted

HI emir@cerebruscorp.com 

I am not sure the HDMI IPs you will find on github can be used on the connector of the ZCU102 (which uses the gigabit transceivers). 

Depending on what output resolution you are looking for you might find cheaper option. For example the following FMC card does not require the HDMI IP (the HDMI formatting is done by the ADV7511 on the FMC card). However the maximum resolution you can reach is 1080p:

https://www.avnet.com/shop/us/products/avnet-engineering-services/aes-fmc-hdmi-cam-g-3074457345635221625/ 

You can generate an evaluation license of the HDMI TX subsystem on the HDMI IP product page, just be aware that when you use an evaluation license there is a timeout thus the HDMI output will only work for few hours.

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks Florent, this will eliminate HDMI as an option for us in the near term. We will attempt to utilize an LVDS screen instead, we will begin researching how to do this using ZCU102. Thanks again.

0 Kudos